Datamonitor's Pioneer Corporation - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. The report examines the company’s key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Pioneer Corporation (Pioneer) is engaged in the development, manufacture and sale of electronic products. It is one of the leading global manufacturers of consumer and business-use electronic products such as audio-video, plasma displays, and car electronics. The company also manufactures car electronics and is also engaged in the manufacturing of video equipments and audio products, as well as the licensing of optical disc technologies. The company markets its products primarily in Japan, North America, Europe and Asia. It is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and employed about 37,622 people as on 31st March 2007. The company recorded revenues of JPY797,102 million (approximately $6,823.2 million) during the fiscal year ended March 2007, an increase of 5.6% over 2006. The increase in revenues was primarily due to higher sales of car navigation systems and DVD drives. The operating profit of the company was JPY12,487 million (approximately $107 million) during fiscal year 2007, as compared to an operating loss of JPY16,409 million (approximately $140 million) in 2006. The net loss was JPY6,761 million (approximately $58 million) in fiscal year 2007, as compared to a net loss of JPY84,986 (approximately $727 million) in 2006.
Scope of the Report
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams
- Data is supplemented with details on the company’s history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement
Reasons to Purchase
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers’ businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors’ business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available