Datamonitor's Micron Technology, Inc. - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. The report examines the company’s key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Micron Technology (Micron) is a manufacturer and marketer of semiconductor devices, principally Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) and NAND Flash memory and Complementary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) image sensors. The company operates in the US, Asia Pacific and Europe. It is headquartered in Boise, Idaho and employs about 23,000 people. The company recorded revenues of $5,688 million during the fiscal year ended August 2007, an increase of 7.9% over 2006. The revenue grew due to 11% increase in memory sales partially offset by an 8% decline in imaging sales. The operating loss of the company was $280 million during fiscal year 2007, compared to the operating profit of $350 million in 2006. The loss was due to increased cost of goods and increased operating expenses. The net loss was $320 million in fiscal year 2007, compared to the net profit of $408 million in 2006.
Scope of the Report
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams
- Data is supplemented with details on the company’s history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement
Reasons to Purchase
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers’ businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors’ business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available