Datamonitor's Chattem Inc - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. The report examines the company’s key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy.
Chattem Inc. (Chattem) is a manufacturer and marketer of branded over-the-counter (OTC) healthcare products, toiletries and dietary supplements. The company operates in the US, Europe and Canada. It is headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee; and employed about 465 people as of November 2007. The company recorded revenues of $423.4 million during the fiscal year ended November 2007, an increase of 40.9% over 2006. The increase in revenue was due to the acquisition of Cortizone-10 and Balmex, in January 2007, which led to growth in the medicated skin care products category; and a 20% sales increase of the total Gold Bond franchise in fiscal 2007 as compared to fiscal 2006, led by increases of 35%, 19% and 8% in the lotion, foot care and powder lines, respectively. The operating profit of the company was $122.2 million during fiscal year 2007, an increase of 47.2% over 2006. The net profit was $59.7 million in fiscal year 2007, an increase of 32.6% over 2006.
Scope of the Report
- Provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs
- Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the company in the form of a SWOT analysis as well as a breakdown and examination of leading product revenue streams
- Data is supplemented with details on the company’s history, key executives, business description, locations and subsidiaries as well as a list of products and services and the latest available company statement
Reasons to Purchase
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers’ businesses better
- Qualify prospective partners and suppliers
- Keep fully up to date on your competitors’ business structure, strategy and prospects
- Obtain the most up to date company information available