Carbon Market Analysis - April 2011
This report includes carbon market developments globally. There are news highlights covered in the report. In addition to it, the following articles are covered in detail:
1. Voluntary Carbon Standard
Voluntary Carbon Standard (VCS) Program provides with the framework for independent validation and verification of Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emission reductions as per ISO 14064-2:2006 and ISO 14064-3:2006. All activities related to the GHG emission reduction and removals, except carbon footprint assessment or carbon neutrality claims, are covered under this program. Under this program there is no discrimination on the basis of project owner, buyers and sellers, methodology developer, VCS registries, validation or verification bodies and other GHG programs.
2. Analysis of 11th RGGI CO2 Allowance Auction
The 10 states of the US participated in Auction 11 of the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) on March 9, 2011. Since March 2011, the cumulative RGGI auction proceeds are $834.25m, of which 80% is being invested in state-based energy programs, 60% in energy efficiency programs, 10% for encouraging renewable energy technologies deployment and the remaining 10% for direct consumer benefit programs, such as providing assistance to low-income ratepayers. The allowances offered were sold at a clearing price of $1.89 per allowance. The RGGI auctions have successfully delivered allowances to the power plants to meet their compliance obligations as well as providing funds to states to encourage investments in their energy efficiency and renewable energy sectors.
Its scope includes -
1. Featured Articles: Analytical articles related to the impact of major policies on the renewable energy market.
- Voluntary Carbon Standard (VCS)
- VCS Program Criteria for GHG Projects
- Program Accreditation
- VCS Version 3
- Linking to Other GHG Programs
- Analysis of 11th RGGI CO2 Allowance Auction
- RGGI Auction 11 Results
- Dispersion of Bids in Auction 11
- Summary of Purchases of Allowances in Auction 11s
- Summary of Bid Prices in Auction 11
- Key Bidders in Auction 11
2. Major Carbon Updates: Region-wise carbon market news for the month
Reasons to buy
- The “Carbon Market Analysis” provides in depth study of the major emissions reduction market developments across the globe.
- It gives market updates for the global carbon market which can help the individual/company frame their business strategies while developing sustainability initiatives.
- Identify target markets by looking at the trend of emissions trading across the globe
- Understand the impact of International Climate Change Talks on the future carbon market